YourDC data centre facilities are recognised as essential services protecting and facilitating the operation of critical ICT infrastructure. As such our sites continue to be accessible under a strict COVID-safe plan.
Please note for the Government imposed circuit breaker period (currently outlined for 19/11/2020 – 24/11/2020) we request that any person with access to our facilities DO NOT
attend site if you show signs of cold or flu-like symptoms, have been in contact with anyone confirmed to have COVID-19 or have visited any location listed on the COVID-19 tracing page available here.
YourDC is responding to the restrictions and have the following measures in place to minimise any potential impact to services we provide.
Impact to accessing YourDC facilities
- Access to YourDC – Access is still available for 24/7 inducted personnel. We recommend that you restrict your visits to critical works and break-fix only during this lockdown period.
- Mandatory Masks – As per SA Health recommendations we will be mandating that all visitors wear a mask while within a YourDC facility.
- Common area restrictions - We have disabled all pinball and gaming machines and request that customers do not setup to work from common areas for extended periods of time.
- Mobile sign in App - It is recommended that our customers install the Sine app on their mobile phone instead of using the sign-in stations to avoid using shared devices where possible. Visit https://www.sine.co/sine-pro/ for information on how to download the app.
Minimising the risk to our team and customers
- Work From Home Policy - We have reduced the number of staff at our Hawthorn and Edinburgh facilities to only those required to maintain normal business operations. Staff not required at either facility will continue to work remotely until it is appropriate to return to the office.
- Meeting restrictions - Meetings will be conducted via phone or telepresence where possible.
- Response to illness - Any staff member who displays cold or flu-like symptoms will not be permitted to work in the office.
- Data Centre cleaning - Regular cleaning and disinfecting will be conducted at both Hawthorn and Edinburgh by YourDC staff and external cleaning contractors. This includes disinfecting door handles and biometric entry points at least twice per day.
- Hand sanitiser at common touch points - Hand sanitiser has been positioned at sign-in stations and biometric entry points. Please ensure you use hand sanitiser as you enter the facility and then again at any location where hand sanitiser is present.
- Staffing - We will maintain adequate staffing to fulfill service requests and new orders. Service requests should continue to be sent to email@example.com.
Please note that if you are unable to attend our facilities for any reason, you can request Remote Hands by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. Remote Hands services include rack builds, patching and troubleshooting services (i.e. power cycling equipment).